Monday, October 5, 2009

In The Buff

I was beyond excited when I received an email from Buff'd Cosmetics asking if I'd be interested in receiving some makeup samples and writing a review about them in my blog. For those of you who know me well understand my penchant for playing with makeup, especially the kind that's good for your skin. So, of course I jumped at the chance!
Buff'd, a Canadian company, specializes in cosmetics made with the finest mineral powders and pigments. Their all natural products are free of synthetic preservatives, fragrances, irritants and toxins.
As a Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant, I understand not only the importance of feeding yourself well from the inside out, but also from the outside in, as your body absorbs at least sixty percent of what you put on your skin. So, I'm a big advocate of mineral makeup and have been faithful to a certain brand, but I was willing to take a look at Buff'd and see how it compared to my current fave.
Well, I have to say, I was certainly impressed with all ten generous samples that were sent to me and I certainly put them to the test. The Warm foundation applied beautifully and balanced out the redness of my skin, while still allowing my natural glow to shine through. The Hallow finishing powder, which I applied over the foundation, gave me some extra radiance and eliminated the need for any touch ups. Then I mixed the Tulip blush with the Toast bronzer, gaving me a fabulous, sunkissed look. I finished by highlighting my eyes with Candlelight Illuminating Dust on my browbones, lined my peepers with the shimmery gunmetal-like Nova liner and placed a bit of the soft, pewter colored Denim shadow in the crease.
The minerals did not change color at all, taking me through a very humid day, part of which consisted of forty five minutes under the blow dryer at the hair salon as well as an evening event where I had to speak in front of over 200 people. The makeup provided the coverage I was looking for, without any heaviness at all, didn't cause any breakouts, and garnered plenty of compliments.
I'm certainly sold - check out the Buff'd site (http://www.buffd.com/) and place your order - I know I will!

No comments:

 
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter