Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nourishing Yourself First

The decorations are down, the house is back in order (somewhat) and the kids are back at school (woohoo) after a full twelve days of family togetherness. Our family togetherness primarily consisted of both kids getting sick, one right after the other, which resulted in an adult getaway weekend being sidelined. It did make for some good family bonding, though, with some relaxing movie days on the couch in our PJ's while the dog tried to eat used, stray tissues. I don't know about you, but I could use a vacation right about now. Since that is not possible, the next best thing is to get back to a routine and focus on nourishing from the inside out. Taking care of yourself first so that you can feel renewed and ready to nurture your family and those you care about. For me, that means starting the day with my favorite hot beverage (click to learn more), doing some writing on the computer, getting in a good workout, fixing a delicious protein shake (click for recipe) for a late morning breakfast, doing some errands and then creating a yummy salad for a nourishing lunch (pictured above). Good food really helps me get through the day. Tonight I'm planning a delicious meal, my "Zucchini Noodle and Turkey Meat Sauce"(click for recipe) and a green salad with avocado and cucumber. I'm looking forward to connecting with my family at the dinner table and hearing about their day. Now, some days don't always work out as planned, they end up being crazy and you're just trying to make it all work in the midst of the chaos and that's okay. For me, just getting in a quick workout helps me to recharge and be prepared for the day of dealing with teens, work and life's ups and downs. Taking just a little bit of guilt-free time for myself helps me to be the best mom, wife, daughter, sister, business owner, etc. that I can be. What nourishes you and helps you get through the day? Just leave a comment below - would love to hear from you!

No comments:

 
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter