Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - My Review

So, you've finally made a commitment to get fit but you're not quite sure how to squeeze a workout into your already jam packed schedule. Sure, you might be able to fit in an occasional spin class or a quick circuit training at the gym but what about all the other days when you are really crunched for time but still need a little something to get your heart pumping? I say pop the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred into your DVD player and let the Biggest Loser trainer put you through a tough, no-nonsense, butt kicking workout that will let you return to the daily grind in less than 30 minutes.
Now, I'm not a huge Jillian fan, so I was a little hesitant when a friend recommended this DVD, but after hearing all the raves I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did. Jillian definitely shows a softer side on this DVD, seems less militant than she appears on TV and even jokes around and lets her personality come through. Her workouts are butt - kickers though - absolutely no rest - not even for a sip of water! She bases her workouts on the 3-2-1 interval method: 3 minutes cardio, 2 minutes weights and 1 minute abs, using lots of compound moves, like side lunges with biceps curls and boxing moves while holding a squat position. Michaels explains that in order to "torch the body fat most effectively in the shortest amount of time you must combine cardio along with resistance training". I did these workouts throughout the summer when it was just too hot to cycle or power walk outside and even after a few workouts I noticed a difference in my body and am glad to say that this DVD helped me fit into a very fitted dress for a wedding I attended (I also was eating super clean, too).
So, if your looking for a quick but very effective total body workout I would definitely give this a try - can't beat the price - I picked it up at Target for $9.99!

No comments:

 
Enter your email address to receive our newsletter