One of things that I love about gifting homemade treats is picking out cute containers to store them in. You can showcase your creations on a pretty holiday plate or arrange it in festively decorated take out containers, gift bags or tins and use last years' holiday cards to create cute little gift tags. No need to get elaborate, just have fun with the presentation, even involving your kids in the process - especially if you are preparing gifts for your awesome sitter, Susie's unbelievably patient teacher, and the school bus driver, who is thankfully always running a few minutes late. Check out Target, Walmart and even online sites like Oriental Trading Company for container ideas.
Dark Chocolate Holiday Bark
12 Ounces Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Morsels
3/4 C chopped, toasted pecans
3/4 C dried cranberries
- Melt chocoate in microwave in a large Pyrex measuring cup for 1 minute and stir.
- Microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Mix half of the pecans and half of the cranberries into the melted chocolate and stir.
- Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper, using a spatula to spread it out, careful not to make it too thin.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans and cranberries onto the chocolate, pressing them down with a spatula.
- Put tray in freezer for 1 hour to harden chocolate. Then peel from wax paper and break into pieces. Enjoy!